Go Danica

The Official Danica Patrick Fan Site

With the 2013 racing season kicking off this weekend, I thought it would be a good time to see your 2013 Predictions/Expectations.  These can be Danica specific or anything NASCAR related.

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is a video of Bob Pockrass and the RowdyRacing guys discussing their expectations for Danica in 2013...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EpBdgUlbhs

Finish between 24th or better in points with 3 or more top 10's.

If she does that she would have exceeded Brad Keselowski's first full year in Cup (25th in points and 2 top 10's) back in 2010.

That's pretty close to what I was thinking...

Top 25 points position with 2-4 Top 10's

I think Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will win Rookie of the Year but it will be a closer than people think.

Everyone to his own predictions, Lucky, but I get depressed reading yours that Danica will be the 2013 Sprint Cup Rookie of the year.  Stenhouse just won the Nationwide championship for the second year in a row, while she is just beginning to get comfortable there.  It seems odd to me to see that as solid evidence that she will beat him out for Rookie of the Year in Sprint Cup.  He has proved himself as a driver of a stock car far more than Danica has.  I'm not trying to put you down for your prediction, it's yours to make, but it just seems to me to set us up for an unnecessary fall.

Who's Dana?

Lucky 7 said:

My Prediction:Danica Patrick 2013 Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year....My Expectation:To see Dana in a solid season and the most importat thing to see Dana finishing races and maybe go all the way to the Chase.

To crush her enemies. To see them left behind her. To hear the lamentation of their women.

Now, that's funny.

Daniel said:

To crush her enemies. To see them left behind her. To hear the lamentation of their women.

There are over twenty experienced drivers driving for at least middle class teams capable of putting a car in the Chase.  If she can finish inside the top 25 in points then I think that is a pretty good first year.  I just hope she used up all of her bad luck last season, after having a lot of good luck in her 2011 Nascar races.    

I would temper expectations early in the season as far as results mainly because there is likely to be far fewer caution flags unless mistakes are being made with the new car.  Every is paranoid about losing points early on and tend to be risk averse.  So she may be more likely to get trapped a lap or two down.    I'm not going to be as concerned with where she finishes, but rather her lap speeds compared to other drivers.  In the last two races there were segments where she was among the handful of fastest cars on the track, which was really encouraging. And until she's doing that it will be hard for her to break even into the top 20 during a typical race.  

To me she has five fairly obvious races where she could potentially finish in the top ten with a good car and some luck.  The four plate races and the Sonoma road course.  I don't really know what to make of her chances at Watkins Glenn.  She had the unfortunate crash and had no real practice because of rain that weekend.  Plus Watkins Glen is so much less technical than a typical road course that her years of training don't give her quite the same advantage.  It's a different animal from Road America and Montreal.  How her season results ultimately look could depend on how those 5 races go.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Featured Items

Action Racing Collectibles Danica Patrick 201...

Danica Patrick and the No. 10 GoDaddy.com Chevrolet SS will run a full- time schedule in t [More]

Price: $64.95

Chase Authentics Danica Patrick 2013 Driver S...

Nothing makes the days go by faster than the anticipation for some fast-paced NASCAR actio [More]

Price: $24.95

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Blog Posts

Danica interview

Posted by elliott bayne on October 21, 2014 at 7:48pm

Wrong diecast

Posted by Ric Sylvia on October 19, 2014 at 8:34pm — 1 Comment

Big Fan

Posted by Dean Patrick Welsh on September 30, 2014 at 8:25pm

Forum

Martinsville - Fall 2014 33 Replies

Started by DanicaFans in Danica - Race Discussion 2014. Last reply by Donna Schwartz 26 minutes ago.

Switching: Pros, cons, questions and notes. 53 Replies

Started by Stickerbush in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by Damon 2 hours ago.

2015 - Silly Season 44 Replies

Started by Becky in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by Damon on Wednesday.

wrong diecast 4 Replies

Started by Ric Sylvia in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by Ric Sylvia on Wednesday.

Brant James 2014 Danica chronicles 18 Replies

Started by Damon in Danica - News Articles. Last reply by Damon on Wednesday.

© 2014   Created by Reggie.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service