Go Danica

The Official Danica Patrick Fan Site

Discuss the Daytona races here.

Views: 3619

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

First practice, Danica looking good. Sitting presently @ P 14 after  2 separate runs, improving several positions from 1st run to 2nd run.

Finally, the 2012 Season is here... :)  It really is a short off-season but it has seemed so long this year.  

2nd practice Danica was 26th and speed of 191.351

Curious to find out what happened to her speed from 1st to 2nd practice

Aside from that, Danica goes out 12th tomorrow for qualifying, 1 pm est on FOX

BTW- Thoughts and prayers to the family of Fox broadcaster Chris Myers, who lost his 19 year old son Christopher in a car accident on Thursday in Southern California.

Damon, Danica is stuck in the 191 mph range and other drivers got faster as practice went on.

I was watching practice, so I know that, but trying to find some reasoning for it.

Jim Huntington said:

Damon, Danica is stuck in the 191 mph range and other drivers got faster as practice went on.

I haven't been paying attention, so...

Does anyone know if the changes mandated for the Cup cars have also been mandated for the Nationwide?  Is the two car tandem still in play for Nationwide?

Amen on that Damon.  Prayers for the Myers family, from our lips to God's ears.

Damon said:

Curious to find out what happened to her speed from 1st to 2nd practice

Aside from that, Danica goes out 12th tomorrow for qualifying, 1 pm est on FOX

BTW- Thoughts and prayers to the family of Fox broadcaster Chris Myers, who lost his 19 year old son Christopher in a car accident on Thursday in Southern California.

After watching the Shootout, if Danica can keep her car out of trouble she might be the only car running for the last five laps. :)

I was glad to see the pack racing back...  I know it is chaotic but at least you escape the team orders that was happening last year.  The drivers need to learn to bump the cars and then get off them...just like the old days of bump drafting. The rule changes have brought the packs back and the drivers got into trouble by trying to tandem draft in the middle of the packs...the trailing cars just can't stay to the right of the car in the middle of the packs and every time they got on the left side they sent the car in front spinning.

Not a fan of Kyle Busch...but he sure can drive and I did like seeing him survive and win after Jeff Gordon punted him while trying to get him moved out of the way. 

DanicaFans said:

After watching the Shootout, if Danica can keep her car out of trouble she might be the only car running for the last five laps. :)

I'm curious to see how she'll do...I didn't understand the loss of speed/lack of pickup in the 2nd session either.  In the first session every time out the car got faster but in the 2nd it was the opposite.  

An interesting thing to watch tomorrow is to see if her speed is such that she would have qualified on speed (as a go or go homer)...basically the top 3 outside of the Top 35 will also be locked in on speed after tomorrow's qualifying.

Based on practice speeds today she would have been 2nd in that race behind Trevor Bayne just ahead of Kenny Wallace. :)

The top 3 go or go homers after the 2nd practice session today were:

Trevor Bayne 

Kenny Wallace

Ryan Blaney

Grant C. said:

She was sandbagging. That way it will be a much bigger story when she puts it on Pole tomorrow. :-)

Damon said:

I was watching practice, so I know that, but trying to find some reasoning for it.

Jim Huntington said:

Haven't heard yet, but I image the Nationwide cars would have the same package as the Cup cars.

DanicaFans said:

I haven't been paying attention, so...

Does anyone know if the changes mandated for the Cup cars have also been mandated for the Nationwide?  Is the two car tandem still in play for Nationwide?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Featured Items

Action Racing Collectibles Danica Patrick 201...

Danica Patrick and the No. 10 GoDaddy.com Chevrolet SS will run a full- time schedule in t [More]

Price: $64.95

Chase Authentics Danica Patrick 2013 Driver S...

Nothing makes the days go by faster than the anticipation for some fast-paced NASCAR actio [More]

Price: $24.95

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Blog Posts

Visions and Wishes

Posted by Stickerbush on November 30, 2014 at 4:25pm

"Ashes to ashes, Dust to dust."

Posted by Stickerbush on November 16, 2014 at 2:10pm

The Immunizing Spirit of Two Racers

Posted by Stickerbush on November 8, 2014 at 10:30am — 4 Comments

Forum

2015 - Silly Season 81 Replies

Started by Becky in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by Damon on Tuesday.

Yellow Journalism 1 Reply

Started by Jim Huntington in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by Stickerbush Nov 25.

Why Danica will win a Cup race in 2015 8 Replies

Started by Damon in Danica - News Articles. Last reply by David Williams Nov 25.

2014 - Chase for the Sprint Cup Championship 26 Replies

Started by Becky in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by Becky Nov 21.

© 2014   Created by Reggie.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service