Go Danica

The Official Danica Patrick Fan Site

New year, new season. Talk about it here.

Views: 1485

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Excellent graphic to start the year DanicaFans... I'm beyond ready for this season to get started. :)

Here's the link to the track activity schedule for Daytona...

First practices for the Sprint Unlimited is late Friday Afternoon and they are televised on FoxSports 1. 

http://www.jayski.com/news/races/2014/story/_/page/01-Daytona-2014-...

Media Day is Thursday and ESPN has a special 3 hour NASCAR NOW on ESPNews and Race Hub will be 2 hours on FoxSports 1. I'd also expect there will be interviews all day long on nascar.com as there were last year.

Here's a link to an easy to read schedule that includes tv network and start times (I think all times are Eastern)...

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/story/2014-02-07/daytona-500-201...

Excited for Thursday's media day and the official start of Speedweeks, hopefully Danica will be a Daytona 500 winner two weeks from now......it won't shut up the Petty family, but I'll be happy to see it nonetheless :)

Never been a fan of Richard Petty and his latest comments just reinforce that opinion. Such a total lack of respect but what do you expect from someone who embraces being called The King (even by his family). 

I agree with you Damon it doesn't matter what Danica does it won't quiet the Petty's. But it sure will be fun watching some of these guys heads explode when she gets her first win. :) I'll enjoy watching the race within the race this year with the #10 car against the #43 and #9. 

While I respect Petty's accomplishments on the track, he's allowed himself to become an anachronism. The moronic nature of his comments only illustrate an unwillingness to grow and adapt in a world that is rapidly leaving him and those who agree with him far behind. I only hope that when she does win, the other 42 drivers on the track remember that Petty will have accused them of staying at home.

Becky said:

Never been a fan of Richard Petty and his latest comments just reinforce that opinion. Such a total lack of respect but what do you expect from someone who embraces being called The King (even by his family). 

I agree with you Damon it doesn't matter what Danica does it won't quiet the Petty's. But it sure will be fun watching some of these guys heads explode when she gets her first win. :) I'll enjoy watching the race within the race this year with the #10 car against the #43 and #9. 

Yup, had this mentality with Janet Guthrie back in the 70's before Danica was even born and still has it in the 21st century......pretty sad if you ask me.

DanicaFans said:

While I respect Petty's accomplishments on the track, he's allowed himself to become an anachronism. The moronic nature of his comments only illustrate an unwillingness to grow and adapt in a world that is rapidly leaving him and those who agree with him far behind.

I don't get why Petty felt the need to slam Danica.  Danica and he are miles apart in both age and history.  Petty is an icon of the sport.  What he says and does doesn't just reflect on him, it reflects on the sport as well.  So when he does something like this, it makes him look small and (dare I say) petty!  And by extension, though he probably didn't mean to, it hurts the sport too.  I believe NASCAR wants Danica to race in its Sprint Cup series, and truly hopes that she is successful.  It helps them and others who may follow her in the future.  Sounds to me like Petty, and others like him, don't get that and are willing to risk theirs and the sports repetation in the process.

When Danica is asked about this (& she will be), she should heap praise on him and make he look even smaller.

Well said DanicaFans...

The sad thing is he rips her in one line and the next says her being there is good for 'me'.  He is only trotted out now for public appearances and by all reports he has been reduced to a figurehead at RPM. He should be home enjoying his retirement but the only thing he has in life is racing. He won a lot of races but he has no clue about the current state of racing and what it takes to win...if he did maybe his team would be more successful (how many times has he bankrupted RPM and had to go look for new investors).  

If he wants to say he doesn't think Danica will ever win a race...that's a valid opinion. But the backlash he is receiving is due to the rude way he expressed that opinion that turned the opinion into an insult. I'm really over the hassle and drama the Petty's have caused Danica over the past year... She doesn't need to be dealing with their idiotic self-serving statements.

Michael Wilbon pointed this out on PTI today, as well.

Becky said:

The sad thing is he rips her in one line and the next says her being there is good for 'me'.

NASCAR putting Danica and Jeff Gordon to good use next Saturday night: http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2014/2/11/daytona-5...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Featured Items

Action Racing Collectibles Danica Patrick 201...

Danica Patrick and the No. 10 GoDaddy.com Chevrolet SS will run a full- time schedule in t [More]

Price: $64.95

Chase Authentics Danica Patrick 2013 Driver S...

Nothing makes the days go by faster than the anticipation for some fast-paced NASCAR actio [More]

Price: $24.95

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Blog Posts

Danica interview

Posted by elliott bayne on October 21, 2014 at 7:48pm

Wrong diecast

Posted by Ric Sylvia on October 19, 2014 at 8:34pm — 1 Comment

Big Fan

Posted by Dean Patrick Welsh on September 30, 2014 at 8:25pm

Forum

Texas - Fall 2014 29 Replies

Started by DanicaFans in Danica - Race Discussion 2014. Last reply by Becky 2 hours ago.

2015 - Silly Season 48 Replies

Started by Becky in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by PhilipJames 6 hours ago.

Switching: Pros, cons, questions and notes. 73 Replies

Started by Stickerbush in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by David Williams on Wednesday.

Martinsville - Fall 2014 55 Replies

Started by DanicaFans in Danica - Race Discussion 2014. Last reply by Becky on Monday.

Birthdays

© 2014   Created by Reggie.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service