Go Danica

The Official Danica Patrick Fan Site

Discuss the COPD 300 and the Daytona 500 here.

Views: 2343

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Saw Mike Massaro's live report from the track about 25 minutes ago on ESPN and he says that Danica's team will only be doing a systems check on the car in the first practice, but will be drafting in 2nd practice, so if anybody wants to watch practice on SPEED and wonders why she didn't get many laps that first session, that's why.

I had the practice sessions on in the background as I was working today...  During the first practice she ran a few laps with  Keselowski and Bayne.  Then in the second practice she did one run as part of 6 to 8 car pack and showed good speed.  It seemed she spent most of the time in the back of the pack when they were showing it on tv but DW said she drove to the front when they came back out of commercial?  So a successful day because the car still showed good speed and she didn't run into any trouble.

In between practices they had Nascar Live on and I don't think I've ever heard a Daytona Pole Winner trashed the way Dave DeSpain trashed Danica on the show.  I really hope she makes a few of these fools eat their words this year. :)

Nationwide practice gets underway tomorrow...  There are 46 cars on the entry list for 40 spots with 30 locked in already.

Danica in the #34 Turner Scott Motorsports Chevy Camaro will need to qualify on time.

Tony Gibson says they are racing in the Budweiser Duel...

"We're going to race hard," he told USA TODAY Sports. "We'll try to stay up there and lead laps. But if it gets crazy, we'll get out of it — we'll go back there and ride for a while.

"But we're not parking it unless something breaks."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2013/02/20/danica-patri...

Good article on the reaction by some to Danica winning the pole...  Here is the money line from the article (in my opinion):

"Far be it from me to offer a liberation refresher course, but equality is not merely the right to be the same. It includes the right to be different. This is something Danica Patrick realised long ago, and if the good ol' boys can't take it, well, more fool them."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2013/feb/20/danica-patrick-nas... 

Dave Despain is a *&^****. (Using symbols because someone once gave me heck that there are "young innocents" who come here and I was corrupting them)

I ignore this dinosaur because he is getting old and will not be with us much longer... just like some of the neanderthals who automatically take shots at Danica. He ignores her abilities and always complains about how she gets so much attention.

Remember, out of the millions of Danica fans, you have here an old fuddy duddy that a much smaller number of people see and even less remember. So ignore this dolt called Dave Despain.

Becky said:

I had the practice sessions on in the background as I was working today...  During the first practice she ran a few laps with  Keselowski and Bayne.  Then in the second practice she did one run as part of 6 to 8 car pack and showed good speed.  It seemed she spent most of the time in the back of the pack when they were showing it on tv but DW said she drove to the front when they came back out of commercial?  So a successful day because the car still showed good speed and she didn't run into any trouble.

In between practices they had Nascar Live on and I don't think I've ever heard a Daytona Pole Winner trashed the way Dave DeSpain trashed Danica on the show.  I really hope she makes a few of these fools eat their words this year. :)

I have always enjoyed DeSpain on Wind Tunnel, but disappointed this week in his and Bob Dillner's lack of professionalism in how they shared their thoughts on Danica.  Maybe tone more than content.  

Becky said:

Frustrating race to watch, but Danica had to preserve a pole car.

I think it is a safe bet that she had the tightest car in the field, especially after watching Ryan Newman snap loose yesterday they weren't going to take any chances.  

Damon said:

Frustrating race to watch, but Danica had to preserve a pole car.

If she had raced with those guys up front and wrecked, it would have been the worst thing possible. As we all know, the team was mostly responsible for the pole and wrecking would have ruined all that..... and she did not have to prove anything in this race. Think of all the advertising by NASCAR, the Daytona Raceway, FOX, etc. who are promoting the race with Danica being the first woman on the pole that would have been tarnished by wrecking.

And, again, who is going to be leading all the cars to the line on Sunday when millions are going to be watching?

Great, still gotta run the 500 miles though and show the guys out there she's reliable in the draft and that she has a good car. 

I know she's reliable in the draft and won't take any crazy chances, but I'm not sure the car is all that good for Sunday to be up there in the lead group at the end.

PhilipJames said:

And, again, who is going to be leading all the cars to the line on Sunday when millions are going to be watching?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Featured Items

Action Racing Collectibles Danica Patrick 201...

Danica Patrick and the No. 10 GoDaddy.com Chevrolet SS will run a full- time schedule in t [More]

Price: $64.95

Chase Authentics Danica Patrick 2013 Driver S...

Nothing makes the days go by faster than the anticipation for some fast-paced NASCAR actio [More]

Price: $24.95

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Blog Posts

Visions and Wishes

Posted by Stickerbush on November 30, 2014 at 4:25pm

"Ashes to ashes, Dust to dust."

Posted by Stickerbush on November 16, 2014 at 2:10pm

The Immunizing Spirit of Two Racers

Posted by Stickerbush on November 8, 2014 at 10:30am — 4 Comments

Forum

2015 - Silly Season 81 Replies

Started by Becky in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by Damon Dec 15.

Yellow Journalism 1 Reply

Started by Jim Huntington in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by Stickerbush Nov 25.

Why Danica will win a Cup race in 2015 8 Replies

Started by Damon in Danica - News Articles. Last reply by David Williams Nov 25.

2014 - Chase for the Sprint Cup Championship 26 Replies

Started by Becky in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by Becky Nov 21.

© 2014   Created by Reggie.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service