Go Danica

The Official Danica Patrick Fan Site

Discuss the COPD 300 and the Daytona 500 here.

Views: 2343

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As a follow-up to Danica's effort in the Nationwide race yesterday.  I thought Brandon her new spotter did a really good job...he had a very calm, patient, tone in the midst of some of that chaos.  

On the start, I'm hoping she gets a good jump and Kyle Busch sticks with her, pushes her to the lead and allows her to clear the inside line before he makes his run to the lead, but I'm not betting on it. C'mon Kyle.....do the right thing :) .

Outside of that, I'd love to see her lead multiple times today just to shut up that annoying Kyle Petty who thinks she'll only lead lap 1 and that'll be it.

Great race girl. Steady all day. I think she got a litte rookie flummoxed a bit on the last lap and gave up too many places but all in all, fantastic.

Solid run today by Danica Patrick...  Way to back-up all the media attention this week.  A little bit more experience and she wins this thing. :)

Gotta have some help though and hopefully at Talladega she gets that and we all know the 88 won't help anybody but the 88. 

Becky said:

Solid run today by Danica Patrick...  Way to back-up all the media attention this week.  A little bit more experience and she wins this thing. :)

First of all, I am glad she made it to the end of this wreck race. Secondly, I think she got stuck with Biffle and he was not going anywhere. If she had dropped to bottom I think Dale would have just gone past her anyway and she would have ended up further back.

Its too bad that Newman could not have hooked up with her but they just did not have a chance to do that.

I think that based on the way the cars were, she really could not have done better.... other than getting some sort of commitment from Dale to get behind her but he has never been that kind of guy... he drives for himself and I have no doubt he would have jumped around her leaving her hanging out there.

Now she has some points in first race and how about lets get some more in the next one.

Yes, currently 7th in Cup points :)

BTW- She had the second best driver rating of anybody in today's race, behind only Jimmie Johnson.......that's huge.

Danica is disappointed obviously with her finish considering she was in 3rd with less than a lap to go.  I understand that certainly.  But she is a rookie really at Daytona in a Cup car.  Everyone should remember she didn't really race last year since she was taken out on lap 1.  So, it is totally understandable that she didn't know what move to make on the final lap.  Shoot she took the safe bet and rode where she was in 3rd.  What other rookie would have done differently and when you factor in who she is and the unlikelihood that anyone would have dropped done with her if she had made a move.  She learned that lesson in her Arca race when she dropped out of 4th or 5th and dropped back.  

So, she needs to focus on how great she really did and all she accomplished in the last week, the history she made and the fact she is in the top 10 in points!  :)  She beat her boyfriend and has a leg up on Rookie of the Year.  She did NOT let her fans, teams or sponsors down.  She kept her composure when she found her self in the middle, she made solid pit stops without ruining tires etc.  

Yes, she has high expectations for her self and wants to win. That is why we love to follow her.  But for now, she needs to enjoy the moment and the positives.  Listen to Mark Martin, be happy for the moment and not dwell on what hasn't been accomplished.

Another interesting perspective is that she's only the 13th person to lead both the indy 500 and Daytona 500.  How many other open wheelers have done better in their 11 Cup start?  Hornish, Dario, Juan, AJ?  Tony maybe?

I feel the same way about Gluck.  I can at least dismiss some of his bias and snark to his love for the under-funded guys like Landon Cassill.  Utter and some other guy's issues are a whole different deal.  

Becky said:

Honestly, as much as Jeff Gluck bugs me at least you feel like he really likes and has a passion for the sport he covers but Utter just seems miserable and hates everything about Nascar (with the exception of a few drivers).

I agree. If she pulled down in front of Dale, he might have punted her or just drove around her and guess what the haters would be saying now. Biffle could not get going anywhere... maybe he should have moved down and she could have followed but then Dale would have come up with the train on the outside. She was sort of a sitting duck both ways unless she had a deal worked out ahead of time and apparently she did not.

When the race started I hoped she would lead a lap, not get caught up in any of the wrecks that would happen and lastly, show that she could could run with the big boys without being out of place. Several times during race, she got shuffled back a bit and once caught in middle and going back, but she forced her way back up front twice that I saw. If you get a chance to watch the race on replay, there was a restart when she was on the bottom and Menard forced his way under her and she was stuck in the middle and going back, but she laid close to Menard and drafted off him and pulled back up and ahead of him and brought a line of cars with her and then raced back to a position where she blended back up into the top line. I think she willed herself back in there that time (almost like Smoke bullied his way thru the pack to win the Nationwide race... he bumped and forced people out of the way to win that one).

She is leading Ricky in points and that should give her some bragging rights (at least for now) and make for some fun with those two.

Roni Johnson said:

Danica is disappointed obviously with her finish considering she was in 3rd with less than a lap to go.  I understand that certainly.  But she is a rookie really at Daytona in a Cup car.  Everyone should remember she didn't really race last year since she was taken out on lap 1.  So, it is totally understandable that she didn't know what move to make on the final lap.  Shoot she took the safe bet and rode where she was in 3rd.  What other rookie would have done differently and when you factor in who she is and the unlikelihood that anyone would have dropped done with her if she had made a move.  She learned that lesson in her Arca race when she dropped out of 4th or 5th and dropped back.  

So, she needs to focus on how great she really did and all she accomplished in the last week, the history she made and the fact she is in the top 10 in points!  :)  She beat her boyfriend and has a leg up on Rookie of the Year.  She did NOT let her fans, teams or sponsors down.  She kept her composure when she found her self in the middle, she made solid pit stops without ruining tires etc.  

Yes, she has high expectations for her self and wants to win. That is why we love to follow her.  But for now, she needs to enjoy the moment and the positives.  Listen to Mark Martin, be happy for the moment and not dwell on what hasn't been accomplished.

Another positive - she doesn't have to listen to the haters all season long asking if she will ever get a top 10 or finish on the lead lap.  Done.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Featured Items

Action Racing Collectibles Danica Patrick 201...

Danica Patrick and the No. 10 GoDaddy.com Chevrolet SS will run a full- time schedule in t [More]

Price: $64.95

Chase Authentics Danica Patrick 2013 Driver S...

Nothing makes the days go by faster than the anticipation for some fast-paced NASCAR actio [More]

Price: $24.95

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Blog Posts

Danica interview

Posted by elliott bayne on October 21, 2014 at 7:48pm

Wrong diecast

Posted by Ric Sylvia on October 19, 2014 at 8:34pm — 1 Comment

Big Fan

Posted by Dean Patrick Welsh on September 30, 2014 at 8:25pm

Forum

Martinsville - Fall 2014 33 Replies

Started by DanicaFans in Danica - Race Discussion 2014. Last reply by Donna Schwartz 26 minutes ago.

Switching: Pros, cons, questions and notes. 53 Replies

Started by Stickerbush in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by Damon 2 hours ago.

2015 - Silly Season 44 Replies

Started by Becky in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by Damon on Wednesday.

wrong diecast 4 Replies

Started by Ric Sylvia in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by Ric Sylvia on Wednesday.

Brant James 2014 Danica chronicles 18 Replies

Started by Damon in Danica - News Articles. Last reply by Damon on Wednesday.

© 2014   Created by Reggie.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service