Go Danica

The Official Danica Patrick Fan Site

Third race is the charm, right?

Views: 1218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's what they say :)

Definitely curious to see SHR's 1.5 mile oval package for the first time, I know last year's race was miserable, but I like what I've seen so far from the team, particularly the 10 team these first two races, just no decent finishes (at least top 15 at Daytona and at least a top 20 at Phoenix) to show for it.

I'm not asking for much, just a top 20 finish, is that too much to ask?

Interesting comments from Harvick's crew chief Rodney Childers about SHR's car when he arrived to work there

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CAR_NASCAR_AROUND_THE_TRACK_...

Hmmm those are some interesting comments and not entirely surprising. Hopefully, the early season speed continues on the 1.5 miles. The extra test time tomorrow should help them as well.

Damon said:

Interesting comments from Harvick's crew chief Rodney Childers about SHR's car when he arrived to work there

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CAR_NASCAR_AROUND_THE_TRACK_...

Well, its one hour and thirty minutes into testing at Vegas and the 10 Team still in the garage eating donuts and drinking tea and coffee. As a team that needs to get their act together for qualifying and having a faster car at all tracks, this is absolutely ridiculous. Danica should be running as many laps as she can. I really don't understand what they are thinking. Its not like they just arrived and have to set up the car.

Finally came out, ran a good time for 3 laps and then back in the garage. Face it, she is still a rookie no matter it is second year in Cup. Larson has run 24 laps and Danica just ran 2 more. I want her to be logging the most laps of anyone... all we hear is that the more laps she runs, the better she is and will be. So, why not run at least 10 laps every time she goes out... to see how car settles in, etc. If you have 4 hours, they should be running a ton of laps to tune in the car and let her try different lines, etc.

PhilipJames said:

Well, its one hour and thirty minutes into testing at Vegas and the 10 Team still in the garage eating donuts and drinking tea and coffee. As a team that needs to get their act together for qualifying and having a faster car at all tracks, this is absolutely ridiculous. Danica should be running as many laps as she can. I really don't understand what they are thinking. Its not like they just arrived and have to set up the car.

It's nice to see Danica fast in testing but it just makes me uncomfortable to see Smoke way down in the charts and Kurt midpack. It just goes to show how inconsistent SHR has been with the racecar. It almost feels like Danica and the #10 team just got off lucky this time. But it is interesting that they've been able to get Happy some hellified race cars.

About time...  Danica ran great times, ran a lot of laps and now we pray that race setup tomorrow is just as good and qualifying matches her testing results. It would be great if she could make the top 24 pack and go to second group and then we can hope for a chance to make the top 12. That would be heck of an initial result in Vegas. They need it.

I followed her lap times on timing and scoring... The positive was just about every time out they went faster. She was actually faster than Harvick in race trim and then he went to the top of the board with what looked like a qual run. I think Danica's long race run was 9 laps and based on watching her speeds I think if they run the 10th lap she most likely ends up at the top of the chart on 10 lap times.

Philip I was also surprised with how long it took the 10 team to get on the track... Not sure if this was their reasoning but I kind of think they were letting the others clean off the track and get some rubber laid down before going out. Can't really fault them since they had really good consistent speed all test long. I think the lowest she dropped on the speed chart may have been 19th in the middle of the session before she made her 9 lap race run (on new tires?).

I'm not sure what was going on with Smoke... His car just seemed off from the beginning and never showed any speed. He also sat in the garage a long time during the middle of the test session.

Kurt was fast early (in top 5 for quite awhile) but then as others started going faster he didn't find the additional speed or they kept him out there on old tires? But he did have some early speed.

A few other observations on the test today...

1) Danica & Kevin seemed to have some good speed in both race run and qual run...top 10 in both areas.

2) Austin Dillon & Ryan Newman were nowhere to be found in the top 15 until a late qual run put them in the top 5.

3) Cole Whitt...only seemed to run practice qual runs (2 laps at a time)

4) Michael McDowell...also seemed to set his time with a qual run (and then at the end must have run out the session in race trim because he was doing 2 laps at a time as well)

5) Kyle Larson was fast early but ended up mid-pack

6) Fastest Hendrick car was Jimmie Johnson in 18th

7) RFR showed absolutely no speed (may have stayed in race trim all day) - Edwards fastest in P27

8) All 3 MWR cars showed good speed but Vickers scraped the wall early when he was on top of the speed chart

6. Chad Knaus called the team's performance today: "freakin' pitiful"  LOL........it's just testing, Chad!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Featured Items

Action Racing Collectibles Danica Patrick 201...

Danica Patrick and the No. 10 GoDaddy.com Chevrolet SS will run a full- time schedule in t [More]

Price: $64.95

Chase Authentics Danica Patrick 2013 Driver S...

Nothing makes the days go by faster than the anticipation for some fast-paced NASCAR actio [More]

Price: $24.95

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Blog Posts

Danica interview

Posted by elliott bayne on October 21, 2014 at 7:48pm

Wrong diecast

Posted by Ric Sylvia on October 19, 2014 at 8:34pm — 1 Comment

Big Fan

Posted by Dean Patrick Welsh on September 30, 2014 at 8:25pm

Forum

Texas - Fall 2014 29 Replies

Started by DanicaFans in Danica - Race Discussion 2014. Last reply by Becky 7 hours ago.

2015 - Silly Season 48 Replies

Started by Becky in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by PhilipJames 11 hours ago.

Switching: Pros, cons, questions and notes. 73 Replies

Started by Stickerbush in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by David Williams on Wednesday.

Martinsville - Fall 2014 55 Replies

Started by DanicaFans in Danica - Race Discussion 2014. Last reply by Becky on Monday.

Birthdays

© 2014   Created by Reggie.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service