Go Danica

The Official Danica Patrick Fan Site

Third race is the charm, right?

Views: 1213

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Almirola was just being his typical reckless self, the fact he drives for Richard Petty and we know Richard's stance on women in racing only brings more awareness to the issue if you're looking at that sort of thing, but a little later in the race I saw Ambrose about wreck Allgaier off turn 4 attempting to side draft him I guess, so the Petty drivers are what they are and that's a menance to the field.

When Smoke talked about Richard's comments on Dan Patrick's show last Friday, he mentioned that there were drivers he'd never thought would win a Cup race that are in the field right now, but nobody talks about them the way they do with Danica and I had to believe he was talking about Almirola being one of them, Aric simply doesn't get it and that's why he's fast in qualifying, but can't race.

Thanks for the feedback David & Damon... I hope it was Aric just being his typical self. 

One other thought on Qualifying... I'd like to see them on short-tracks go to three rounds like they are doing for tracks above 1 mile... Going from 43 to 12 is a bit anti-climatic because so few are going to make the first cut. I think they can reduce the amount of time in round 1 especially for short-tracks if it is a time issue.

But I really liked the 43 to 24 to 12 to Pole format at Vegas... The 43 to 12 to Pole isn't quite as compelling. 

Becky said:

Thankfully NASCAR came to their senses and fixed the slow cars cooling their engines during qualifying... Now they'll allow cooling units to be plugged into the car via hood flaps (still can't open the hood) on pit road and will no longer be allowed to slowly circulate on the track.

http://racing.ap.org/article/nascar-allow-cooldown-units-pit-road

I would agree with the qualifying format, if you're going to have it - be consistent at all tracks.

3 Rounds- 15 minutes each, set the field 25-43 after Round 1, then cut from 24 to 12 after Round 2 and your pole shootout amongst the top 12 in Round 3.

I wish someone would explain this new qualifying process to me.  Evidently my aging brain is not taking it all in.  The most I can put together is that a first attempt at setting one's fastest time will be in a several-lap round involving all 43 cars.  If I'm right about that, I understand that some -- I guess the 12 fastest -- will have qualified for the race after this round, and that the remaining cars will run other rounds until a field of how many? is established for the race?

Let me see if I can explain using this weekend in Bristol as an example:

Tracks less than 1.25 miles

1st Round: Track is open for 30 minutes... All cars must attempt to set a time and the fastest 12 will proceed to Final Round of qualifying. Spots 13 through 36 are set by the times established in round 1 and the 37th - 43rd provisional spots are set.

Final round: Track is open for 10 minutes for the remaining 12 cars... All times from round 1 are wiped out and each car may attempt to set a new time. The fastest time in the Final round is the pole sitter and spots 2 through 12 are set by times run in the final round. If a car advances to the final round and they don't set a time during the final round they will start 12th.

http://www.jayski.com/pages/pdfs/2014-qualifying-format.jpg

In tracks larger than 1.25 miles the opening session is 30 minutes and there is an additional round.

David Williams said:

I wish someone would explain this new qualifying process to me.  Evidently my aging brain is not taking it all in.  The most I can put together is that a first attempt at setting one's fastest time will be in a several-lap round involving all 43 cars.  If I'm right about that, I understand that some -- I guess the 12 fastest -- will have qualified for the race after this round, and that the remaining cars will run other rounds until a field of how many? is established for the race?

Bah! No worries. Still early and getting into the groove. D is definitely better this year and so is everything else. Onward to glory!

A belated thanks, Becky.  What is the rationale for having the cars parked nose into the wall so that they all have to back out when race time approaches?  Seems like a strange and possibly troublesome arrangement to me.

Becky said:

Let me see if I can explain using this weekend in Bristol as an example:

Tracks less than 1.25 miles

1st Round: Track is open for 30 minutes... All cars must attempt to set a time and the fastest 12 will proceed to Final Round of qualifying. Spots 13 through 36 are set by the times established in round 1 and the 37th - 43rd provisional spots are set.

Final round: Track is open for 10 minutes for the remaining 12 cars... All times from round 1 are wiped out and each car may attempt to set a new time. The fastest time in the Final round is the pole sitter and spots 2 through 12 are set by times run in the final round. If a car advances to the final round and they don't set a time during the final round they will start 12th.

http://www.jayski.com/pages/pdfs/2014-qualifying-format.jpg

In tracks larger than 1.25 miles the opening session is 30 minutes and there is an additional round.

David Williams said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Featured Items

Action Racing Collectibles Danica Patrick 201...

Danica Patrick and the No. 10 GoDaddy.com Chevrolet SS will run a full- time schedule in t [More]

Price: $64.95

Chase Authentics Danica Patrick 2013 Driver S...

Nothing makes the days go by faster than the anticipation for some fast-paced NASCAR actio [More]

Price: $24.95

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Blog Posts

phoenix

Posted by perry morales on March 8, 2014 at 12:00pm

Gilles Pepin

Posted by Gilles Pepin on February 26, 2014 at 2:42pm — 1 Comment

Danica as a Vegas Showgirl !!

Posted by Tony Powell on December 11, 2013 at 1:24am — 1 Comment

Forum

SBJ - Follows SHR to Kentucky 1 Reply

Started by Becky in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by dodge man 10 hours ago.

New Hampshire - 2014 36 Replies

Started by DanicaFans in Danica - Race Discussion 2014. Last reply by dodge man 10 hours ago.

Danica articles 2 Replies

Started by Damon in Danica - News Articles. Last reply by Damon yesterday.

Brant James 2014 Danica chronicles 15 Replies

Started by Damon in Danica - News Articles. Last reply by Becky on Saturday.

Danica at the ESPYs last night

Started by dodge man in NASCAR Sprint Cup Jul 17.

© 2014   Created by Reggie.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service