Go Danica

The Official Danica Patrick Fan Site

Talk about it here.

Views: 920

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We had high hopes for Daytona that got dashed, so maybe her luck will change at Phoenix. This is one of the tracks that's taken her longer to master than others. I'm hoping that her new teammates will have ideas that will help her try new things that she and Gibson may not have thought of in the past.

Same thoughts here, Lisa....good post

I agree. The fact though is that Danica either does really well here or really bad here, so it's gonna depend on how well the team can come together and get things set up. I'm curious.

Good info here, Gibson looking back at Daytona and ahead to Phoenix

http://www.frontstretch.com/mneff/44686/

First practice in the books, I like how even the four cars are: http://www.jayski.com/stats/2014/pdfs/02phx2014prac1.pdf

27th in practice....here we go again...smh...

Its actually worse than last year. I am getting tired of seeing the word "luck" used in posts here. Luck has nothing to do with it. Stewart Hass Racing not looking all that great AGAIN this year.

Has anyone asked why she never locked the car down at Daytona instead of trying to drive out of the spin? Reminded me of Daytona a few years ago when Cole bumped her, she spun and instead of locking it up and coming to a stop, looking at just changing tires, she drove it all the way into the wall. Deja vu all over again. And I will have less patience this year than last. If this is how 2014 is starting out, everyone better start learning how to say...  "Serenity Now"

Kurt makes the top 12, Harvick 13th I think, Smoke 20th and Danica 33rd

that wasn't the same situation. She wasn't trying to stay in the grass, she was trying to get around the incident. She would have been able to pull that off had the 17 not hit her.

PhilipJames said:

Its actually worse than last year. I am getting tired of seeing the word "luck" used in posts here. Luck has nothing to do with it. Stewart Hass Racing not looking all that great AGAIN this year.

Has anyone asked why she never locked the car down at Daytona instead of trying to drive out of the spin? Reminded me of Daytona a few years ago when Cole bumped her, she spun and instead of locking it up and coming to a stop, looking at just changing tires, she drove it all the way into the wall. Deja vu all over again. And I will have less patience this year than last. If this is how 2014 is starting out, everyone better start learning how to say...  "Serenity Now"

Disappointing qualifying result but still better than the first trip here last year... Looks like they encountered some unexpected issues during qualifying.

Danica Patrick, driver of the No. 10 GoDaddy Chevrolet SS for SHR, qualified 33rd with a time of 26.365 seconds at 136.545 mph.

“It’s disappointing. Something was wrong with the brakes,” said Patrick, who will make her fourth Sprint Cup start at Phoenix Sunday. “It’s the weirdest thing. It happened last fall here too. I think we’re all a little dumbfounded. There was no indication of it in practice and we didn’t change anything after practice and before qualifying. I think we’re all searching for answers at this point. It’s disappointing for everyone on the GoDaddy team. I think we’re better than we showed today.”

http://www.stewarthaasracing.com/media/index.php?fromNews=1&art...

Wow, not sure what wreck you are talking about but the Unlimited one was in no way her fault...Ricky had a brain fade. If you go back and watch the one in the 500 she tried everything she could to lock it down and the car didn't respond to anything. You might want to see the comments from Harvick on his late race hit...very similar. Sometimes the initial contact does enough damage to take out brakes and steering so no matter what you try you can't 'lock it' down. I'm just not sure why she gets beat up for stuff that happens that isn't of her making...SMDH.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/un-happy-harvick-blasts-dayto...

Harvick said there was nothing he could to avoid hitting the wall.

"The car didn't have any brakes or any steering, and the throttle was partially hung coming off the wall and going through the wet grass and then into no SAFER barrier at the end of pit road there," Harvick said.

PhilipJames said:

You really need to go back and watch Danica's in-car camera during this crash before you say "she drove it all the way into the wall." Her car made a sharp right turn from the infield apron without any steering input from her and then rocketed across the track. She cut the wheel  to the left and the car didn't respond at all.  A lot of factors, including going from a flat to a banked surface, 185 mph, and likely damaged suspension and brakes on the right front contributed to this crash. This all took place within 3.5 seconds of her initial contact with Almirola.

Now, before someone tells me to get my head out of my ass and stop making excuses for Danica, know this... I am perfectly willing to criticize her when she obviously makes a bonehead move, and I've done so in the past. I am, however, unwilling to automatically lay the blame when something is not obvious, especially when all the facts aren't available, as is the case here.

Also know this, and it doesn't necessarily relate specifically to this post. Last year, there were plenty of "Serenity Now" moments on this board for us moderators, with tolerance given for any opinion or discussion. Unfortunately, that tolerance sometimes led to escalation of bad behavior, with several members crossing the line of common decency and respect with reverberations that are still felt here. Those members are now ex-members. Again, this does not relate specifically to this post, but is simply a convenient notice before anything potentially gets out of hand that "Serenity Now" regarding crossing the line is a thing of the past. 

PhilipJames said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Featured Items

Action Racing Collectibles Danica Patrick 201...

Danica Patrick and the No. 10 GoDaddy.com Chevrolet SS will run a full- time schedule in t [More]

Price: $64.95

Chase Authentics Danica Patrick 2013 Driver S...

Nothing makes the days go by faster than the anticipation for some fast-paced NASCAR actio [More]

Price: $24.95

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Blog Posts

"Ashes to ashes, Dust to dust."

Posted by Stickerbush on November 16, 2014 at 2:10pm

The Immunizing Spirit of Two Racers

Posted by Stickerbush on November 8, 2014 at 10:30am — 4 Comments

VOTE FOR DANICA

Posted by gary witzeman on November 4, 2014 at 5:31am — 1 Comment

Forum

2015 - Silly Season 57 Replies

Started by Becky in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by Becky on Friday.

2014 - Chase for the Sprint Cup Championship 26 Replies

Started by Becky in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by Becky on Friday.

Brant James 2014 Danica chronicles 20 Replies

Started by Damon in Danica - News Articles. Last reply by Stickerbush on Thursday.

Miami - 2014 70 Replies

Started by DanicaFans in Danica - Race Discussion 2014. Last reply by Roni Johnson on Tuesday.

Danica sets up Probation Department: Making the list. 2 Replies

Started by Stickerbush in Fun Stuff. Last reply by Stickerbush Nov 17.

© 2014   Created by Reggie.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service