Go Danica

The Official Danica Patrick Fan Site

A lot of rumors and announcements are starting for 2013...  Thought it would be beneficial to have a single post to discuss.

Start with the following:

Sprint Cup:

#20 JGR - Expectation is Matt Kenseth will be driving this car in 2013 with Home Depot as the sponsorship.  It is rumored to be announced this next week.

#22 Penske (Shell/Pennzoil) - Top rumored candidates are Joey Logano and Sam Hornish Jr.  Penske claims there may be a couple of candidates no one has discussed. 

#39 SHR - Ryan Newman is expected to return but ARMY won't be back and they are hunting for additional sponsorship.  Newman has also been discussed as a possibility for the #22 Penske ride.

#51 James Finch - Kurt Busch may return if sponsorship can be found...reports also indicate Brian Scott may be trying to get this ride with his family's $$...Finch also has floated the possibility of not running in 2013

#12 Penske - Been discussed Penske could expand to 3 cars with Sam Hornish Jr and his sponsors moving up to Sprint Cup

#14 SHR - Office Depot has not renewed their 22 race commitment for 2013 but hopes to continue in a lesser role (associate sponsor?).

More to follow on Nationwide.  Please add any rumors/announcements you have seen.

Views: 6124

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nationwide...

It appears Elliott Sadler is headed to Joe Gibbs Racing (per the rumors)...and Richard Childress said Sadler was gone in response to a question on SiriusXMNascar radio about Sadler's status for 2013.  (Childress indicated it was Elliott's choice as he said he doesn't know what he could've done to keep him.)

Already announced, Trevor Bayne will run full-time for Roush taking over for Ricky Stenhouse Jr. who is moving up to Sprint Cup.  

Yeah, heard the Sadler story on Speed's Raceday and needless to say, I'm stunned. Elliott and RCR have a good thing going there from the outside looking in, so I'll be interested in hearing more about this from Elliott himself as to why he'd make that jump.

As for SHR, same thing......wonder what they've got up their sleeve for the 14 and 39 in regards to primary sponsors, especially in Tony's case.

I've got a couple of theories on Sadler...

1) No place in the inn at RCR with Austin and Ty both virtually guaranteed to be in Sprint Cup within the next 5 years

2) Wonder if RCR asking/telling Elliott he couldn't run the Sprint Cup races with MWR that he had setup...had anything to do with this change?  

Also, a few weeks ago RCR said he wanted to bring Joey Coulter to Nationwide in 2013 (I think Coulter brings $$) so it could be Elliott was seeing the writing on the wall.

Damon said:

Yeah, heard the Sadler story on Speed's Raceday and needless to say, I'm stunned. Elliott and RCR have a good thing going there from the outside looking in, so I'll be interested in hearing more about this from Elliott himself as to why he'd make that jump.

As for SHR, same thing......wonder what they've got up their sleeve for the 14 and 39 in regards to primary sponsors, especially in Tony's case.

It appears that Logano is likely to go Penske, but JGR was working on a full-time Nationwide and part-time cup ride for Logano.  If Joey does leave JGR they may still have some Cup races for Sadler, which wasn't going to happen at RCR with the Dillon's the priority. 

Becky said:

I've got a couple of theories on Sadler... to

1) No place in the inn at RCR with Austin and Ty both virtually guaranteed to be in Sprint Cup within the next 5 years

2) Wonder if RCR asking/telling Elliott he couldn't run the Sprint Cup races with MWR that he had setup...had anything to do with this change?  

Also, a few weeks ago RCR said he wanted to bring Joey Coulter to Nationwide in 2013 (I think Coulter brings $$) so it could be Elliott was seeing the writing on the wall.

That makes sense...I'm betting he thought he'd get a few more Cup starts with RCR when he turned down MWR at RCR's urging.  

Kind of wonder what JGR is going to do with their young development talent since Brian Vickers is also rumored to potentially going there in a full-time Nationwide ride.  If Elliott and Brian actually go to JGR you have to wonder how many rides are available for the likes of Ryan Truex, Darrell Wallace Jr, etc...in the Toyota family.

Scott said:

It appears that Logano is likely to go Penske, but JGR was working on a full-time Nationwide and part-time cup ride for Logano.  If Joey does leave JGR they may still have some Cup races for Sadler, which wasn't going to happen at RCR with the Dillon's the priority. 

Becky said:

I've got a couple of theories on Sadler... to

Rumors,Rumors,Rumors but i want to see Logano Full Schedule in Nationwide and i hope 2 see both Dillon Brothers fighting toe 2 toe each other in Nationwide 2.

Confirmed news- Travis Pastrana will be driving the 60 car for Roush Fenway this weekend at Richmond, good move Jack.

Interesting...  I'm assuming Travis brought his own sponsorship since they haven't been able to keep Trevor in this car more than a couple of races.

Another thing to watch this weekend with Travis is that in every NNS race weekend someone has driven his car to start practice and get him a baseline setup.  These have all been Toyota drivers (Matt Crafton, Joey Logano).  So will a veteran Ford driver get in the car to start the weekend for him or will he go solo?  This will actually be his 4th start at Richmond (2nd NNS and 2 times in K&N East) so he should know what it takes to get around there.

Damon said:

Confirmed news- Travis Pastrana will be driving the 60 car for Roush Fenway this weekend at Richmond, good move Jack.

On RaceHub tonight Elliott Sadler confirms he won't be back at RCR in 2013...  He indicated he wasn't offered the opportunity to return.  RCR is saying it was his choice and he is taking his OneMain Financial sponsor with him.

So basically a he said/she said situation as to the circumstances of the split but the bottom line is Elliott will have a new team in 2013.  

Elliott claimed he doesn't have a deal anywhere but he is speaking with a couple of teams.  The rumors are pointing to JGR...which if it is a NNS deal would make the most sense because they have the best NNS equipment in garage. Who could the other team be? 

Awfully similar to RCR and the Bowyer deal last year.  Didn't realize Sadler had the sponsorship.  2nd year in a row RCR has pretty much just let a driver go that had sponsorship.  I'm a little curious how easily RCR is going to be able to find sponsorship for the Dillon kids when they go Cup racing.  Even if CAT were to renew with RCR once Jeff Burton's deal is up I can't see CAT wanting a kid as their driver given the type of company they are.   

Becky said:

On RaceHub tonight Elliott Sadler confirms he won't be back at RCR in 2013...  He indicated he wasn't offered the opportunity to return.  RCR is saying it was his choice and he is taking his OneMain Financial sponsor with him.

So basically a he said/she said situation as to the circumstances of the split but the bottom line is Elliott will have a new team in 2013.  

Elliott claimed he doesn't have a deal anywhere but he is speaking with a couple of teams.  The rumors are pointing to JGR...which if it is a NNS deal would make the most sense because they have the best NNS equipment in garage. Who could the other team be? 

If not JGR, it would have to be Turner Motorsports.

Other than Allgaier, the 30 and 38 have been disappointing this year save for Beuscher's lucky win at Daytona and Piquet on the road course. Plus they ran a Cup race this year with Bill Elliott. If they get Elliott and his sponsor, he instantly helps that team get better and compete for wins on a more regular basis IMO.

Becky said:

Well the first two dominoes fell today...

JGR officially introduces Matt Kenseth as the driver of the #20 Home Depot/Dollar General Toyota beginning in 2013.

Penske officially announces they have signed Joey Logano as the driver of the #22 Shell/Pennzoil Ford beginning in 2013.

No official word on Penske's plans for Sam Hornish Jr. but the press conference announcing Joey's deal will be tomorrow so I would expect clarification on Sam to come tomorrow.  He will be back with Penske the question is do they have enough funding to run a 3rd car full-time in Sprint Cup or will they run him full-time in Nationwide with a partial Cup schedule?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Featured Items

Action Racing Collectibles Danica Patrick 201...

Danica Patrick and the No. 10 GoDaddy.com Chevrolet SS will run a full- time schedule in t [More]

Price: $64.95

Chase Authentics Danica Patrick 2013 Driver S...

Nothing makes the days go by faster than the anticipation for some fast-paced NASCAR actio [More]

Price: $24.95

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Blog Posts

phoenix

Posted by perry morales on March 8, 2014 at 12:00pm

Gilles Pepin

Posted by Gilles Pepin on February 26, 2014 at 2:42pm — 1 Comment

Danica as a Vegas Showgirl !!

Posted by Tony Powell on December 11, 2013 at 1:24am — 1 Comment

Forum

Atlanta - 2014 51 Replies

Started by DanicaFans in Danica - Race Discussion 2014. Last reply by dodge man 7 hours ago.

Bristol - Summer 2014 48 Replies

Started by DanicaFans in Danica - Race Discussion 2014. Last reply by DanicaFans on Thursday.

2015 - Silly Season 17 Replies

Started by Becky in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by Becky on Thursday.

Michigan - Summer 2014 56 Replies

Started by DanicaFans in Danica - Race Discussion 2014. Last reply by Becky Aug 21.

© 2014   Created by Reggie.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service