Go Danica

The Official Danica Patrick Fan Site

A lot of rumors and announcements are starting for 2013...  Thought it would be beneficial to have a single post to discuss.

Start with the following:

Sprint Cup:

#20 JGR - Expectation is Matt Kenseth will be driving this car in 2013 with Home Depot as the sponsorship.  It is rumored to be announced this next week.

#22 Penske (Shell/Pennzoil) - Top rumored candidates are Joey Logano and Sam Hornish Jr.  Penske claims there may be a couple of candidates no one has discussed. 

#39 SHR - Ryan Newman is expected to return but ARMY won't be back and they are hunting for additional sponsorship.  Newman has also been discussed as a possibility for the #22 Penske ride.

#51 James Finch - Kurt Busch may return if sponsorship can be found...reports also indicate Brian Scott may be trying to get this ride with his family's $$...Finch also has floated the possibility of not running in 2013

#12 Penske - Been discussed Penske could expand to 3 cars with Sam Hornish Jr and his sponsors moving up to Sprint Cup

#14 SHR - Office Depot has not renewed their 22 race commitment for 2013 but hopes to continue in a lesser role (associate sponsor?).

More to follow on Nationwide.  Please add any rumors/announcements you have seen.

Views: 6126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

David Williams said:

And does anyone actually know why Danica didn't test at Charlotte?

It was reported that SHR only had ONE new car so far and they let Ryan Newman do the testing. BTW he didnt do very well either on speed compared to others so Iam somewhat concerned about this team as they seem to be getting worse instead of better getting speed out of their cars , but we'll see I guess? BTW last time Danica got a chance to test one of their cars --she crashed it early so--tire issue they said?

Damon said:

Kyle Larson would be a no-brainer move for JRM, even in a part-time capcity as he has a full-time Trucks ride for Turner in 2013. Curious to see if Danica can put together a deal for some Nationwide races in 2013 as well. 

Regarding Danica it was reported by a trackforum insider that Danica's IMG PR manager had said they were looking for other sponsors to be a secondary primary for Danica so she may be having sponsor problems--believe that?? Everyone assumes she is a sponsors dream but apparently not that much, other then Godaddy as primary sponsorship is very expensive in Nascar Cup--guess we'll see on that as well? Also when Danica mentioned she'd like to run some NNS races next yr awhile back, she also said she didnt know who she might drive for and they WERE looking for more sponsors-go figure? Nothing is gauranteed nowdays thats for sure as sponsor $$$'s are tough to get. She really needs to have some good races this next yr for sure.

It is a no brainer but they still need to find sponsorship to run him.  Also, he is a Ganassi development driver...so other than Hendrick now selling engines to Ganassi I'm not sure there is a lot of incentive to run him out of their pocket if they don't have sponsorship.  I'd expect Chase Elliott (doesn't turn 18 until November 2013) will be at JRM in 2014 since he is a Hendrick development driver.

Damon said:

Kyle Larson would be a no-brainer move for JRM, even in a part-time capcity as he has a full-time Trucks ride for Turner in 2013. Curious to see if Danica can put together a deal for some Nationwide races in 2013 as well. 

I think Danica will end up at RCR for a limited Nationwide schedule (10-12 races).  

Could sponsorship be an issue in the limited NNS plans?  Maybe, but I'd think it is more a matter of Danica's reps at IMG looking for the right fit.  If you follow some of the Cup drivers they are making 1-2 appearances a week for their sponsors in addition to testing, etc... I think Danica's IMG reps are trying to find sponsors that fit with Danica's other sponsors while also making sure they don't over extend her thus allowing her to focus on her racing.  Until I see some real evidence of Danica not being able to get sponsors I'm not sure I'll buy what they are selling on TrackForum (they also had GoDaddy kicking her to the curb in favor of Hinchcliffe, etc.).

I see where SPEED is once again going to be broadcasting all 21 hours of testing live at Daytona this year from January 10-12, including on SPEED channel from 1-5 pm est, as well as streaming it online at SPEED.com from 9 am to 12 pm est (check listings in your area).

Also, RaceHub will be broadcasting from Daytona the 10th and 11th at 6 pm est, wrapping up all that days activity......I'm happy to see this.

Becky said:

I think Danica will end up at RCR for a limited Nationwide schedule (10-12 races).  

Could sponsorship be an issue in the limited NNS plans?  Maybe, but I'd think it is more a matter of Danica's reps at IMG looking for the right fit.  If you follow some of the Cup drivers they are making 1-2 appearances a week for their sponsors in addition to testing, etc... I think Danica's IMG reps are trying to find sponsors that fit with Danica's other sponsors while also making sure they don't over extend her thus allowing her to focus on her racing.  Until I see some real evidence of Danica not being able to get sponsors I'm not sure I'll buy what they are selling on TrackForum (they also had GoDaddy kicking her to the curb in favor of Hinchcliffe, etc.).

I understand what you say about some of the posters on Trackforum but Ive been going on there for a very long time and there ARE some very knowledgeable and credible racing people that post there as insiders and usually what they say is accurate--at the time anyway. All you fans here and Iam one but maybe more realistic of her abilitys,  but I think some of you just think she can get a dozen sponsors anytime she wants or needs one and that isnt true as there are co.s that want a winning driver and most of those arent even spokesman for the product which Danica and her popularity does bring.  Also yes--I know as Danica has said there are some sponsors she will say NO to as they DO want to pick sponsors that will work for her and with her unless things get desperate where they will be happy to have anyone, but not saying or suggesting she is at that point for sure--yet-- or maybe never?. Take a close look at her 2013 diecast #10 car and there arent as many sponsors on it as her NNs car had--for starters. Course the racing yr hasnt started yet either and diecasts for pre order most have said wont be available for delivery untill June so they are probably waiting for all the sponsors to get on the cars.

The NNS PT issue though is, IF they had those sponsors then why are they waiting to announce it unless RCR isnt sure or they are still looking for a team to run NNS PT??? Danica's announcements usually come later in the yr,  but by now they should know if they are going to run NNS PT  or not, I would think? The financial issues that JRM is having with only 1 ft car now looks like,  Iam seriously wondering why they dont want her to run for them any more at least PT as they have her #7 car vacant far as we know?  It doesnt look like Whitt can get sponsored for Ft for sure and you'd think they would be happy to get some sponsor money from her for running  PT for them at least unless they are still working on other drivers/sponsors but time is running out. --strange?

Hi Vern...  You make some good points but I think some of the folks over at TrackForum like to act as insiders but they don't really have true inside information. :)  I have no inside information so I'm just basing my thoughts on my opinions from watching a lot of sports over the years (I fully admit I could be 100% wrong). But in my opinion, Danica provides more value to her sponsors than probably 90% of Sprint Cup drivers... For all of 2012 her #10 Diecast was the 3rd highest seller behind two Dale JR. cars...and let's be honest she was running a limited schedule in that car and they put absolutely no effort in the paint scheme. :)

I'm wondering if the issue with JRM could be a couple of things...1) I'm not sure Danica and her advisors liked the way JRM handled the issues with the Eury's (pure speculation on my part but Tony JR indicated he considered the CC job for Danica in Sprint Cup after leaving JRM and some of her post change comments were very politically correct but seemed to indicate some annoyance on her part) and 2) sponsorship conflict...just one instance is Danica signed a personal sponsor deal with CocaCola and JR is a Pepsi guy (they made Cole Whitt drop his personal RedBull sponsorship when he joined the team last year because it conflicted with AMP).  

As far them not announcing her plans for 2013 NNS or new sponsors, I think the reason we haven't heard anything is there is really no reason to announce anything in December (who is actually paying attention to sponsor announcements outside of us diehard fans)...it would seem the only reason to announce at this point is if the sponsor wants to begin activating right away. But the biggest bang for the buck would seem to be to make any announcements closer to the start of the season (probably during the Nascar Acceleration weekend or the media tour).

Not sure if you noticed but Danica and her sponsors (including GoDaddy) are gone from the JRM website...   

I agree about some of the Trackforum posters saying they are insiders but really dont know that much.  Some of them really are insiders though, as Ive read their comments announcing sponsor/ driver changes, news  etc and shortly after the next day or so its all over the nascar news etc  as its really true, so then I tend to believe those few people. 

I was just at the JRM website a few days ago looking for news and saw her car etc and the contest about the best paint scheme etc. but if you say everything of hers is removed now then thats that as they say>  The original Godaddy deal with JRM if you remember was 2 yrs PT then 1 yr FT and then on to the Cup side FT whichJRM was NOT happy about.  They wanted her to do more FT yrs then that, meaning they wanted the Godaddy money longer.  Also maybe some hard feelings as well over that 1 yr FT only, not to mention if anything she did, crashing alot of cars as some say, and not having the results they expected all helped to cause the major changes we saw with JRM late this yr--who knows?.  Its been clear now for some time that JRM is hurting financially and Rick Hendricks has actually moreso taken JRM over and doing things his way and if 1 FT car is all they want or can get, then that isnt going to help JRM much for the future for sure, but Danica is now FT in Cup which was the MAIN plan all along far as she is concerned.

I feel bad for Cole but then again lots of drivers dont have rides, but then again lots of other drivers coming into NNS from truck series etc do have good rides so apparently Cole doesnt have what sponsors are looking for?  Danica knows how lucky and fortunate she really is having what she has even if she doesnt run NNs next yr, but looking for PT only I guess it isnt that big a deal to announce anything yet, so we'll see?. Merry Christmas

There are still stories, etc. that include Danica on the JRM website. But if you go to the pull-down for racing/drivers the link for her has been removed and if you click on the partners tab you can see that GoDaddy, PEAK, and Tissot have been removed.

Iam sure Whitt would love to have even a PT season driving for JRM if nothing else for next yr so they're probably still trying to find him sponsors for as many races as they can? He may still be driving for the S&P teams next yr that he was doing for some Cup racing this yr PT, as doing that helps pay the bills also, and hes still very young so hopefully he can keep his career going? 

Smith is FT in the #5 car for sure but they're trying to find sponsorship for another driver to run FTand  if not Cole then maybe another driver, or one that maybe has his own sponsors already like Danica had, but thats not easy to find?

Kasey Kahne continues to take care of his guy Brad Sweet... 

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/Kasey-Kahne-Brad-Sweet-to-dri...

Maybe Sweet will be better in 2013 than 2012, but I'm not seeing it.........good sponsor get for JRM though with Great Clips.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Featured Items

Action Racing Collectibles Danica Patrick 201...

Danica Patrick and the No. 10 GoDaddy.com Chevrolet SS will run a full- time schedule in t [More]

Price: $64.95

Chase Authentics Danica Patrick 2013 Driver S...

Nothing makes the days go by faster than the anticipation for some fast-paced NASCAR actio [More]

Price: $24.95

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Blog Posts

Getting respect

Posted by George Roberts on September 21, 2014 at 6:17pm

phoenix

Posted by perry morales on March 8, 2014 at 12:00pm

Gilles Pepin

Posted by Gilles Pepin on February 26, 2014 at 2:42pm — 1 Comment

Forum

New Hampshire - Fall 2014 33 Replies

Started by DanicaFans in Danica - Race Discussion 2014. Last reply by Michael Conway 4 minutes ago.

Is it misogyny or what?

Started by elliott bayne in General Discussion 7 hours ago.

Kenizie Ruston hoping to follow Danica into Nascar 1 Reply

Started by dodge man in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by David Williams yesterday.

Chicago - Summer 2014 34 Replies

Started by DanicaFans in Danica - Race Discussion 2014. Last reply by Stickerbush on Friday.

© 2014   Created by Reggie.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service