Go Danica

The Official Danica Patrick Fan Site

A lot of rumors and announcements are starting for 2013...  Thought it would be beneficial to have a single post to discuss.

Start with the following:

Sprint Cup:

#20 JGR - Expectation is Matt Kenseth will be driving this car in 2013 with Home Depot as the sponsorship.  It is rumored to be announced this next week.

#22 Penske (Shell/Pennzoil) - Top rumored candidates are Joey Logano and Sam Hornish Jr.  Penske claims there may be a couple of candidates no one has discussed. 

#39 SHR - Ryan Newman is expected to return but ARMY won't be back and they are hunting for additional sponsorship.  Newman has also been discussed as a possibility for the #22 Penske ride.

#51 James Finch - Kurt Busch may return if sponsorship can be found...reports also indicate Brian Scott may be trying to get this ride with his family's $$...Finch also has floated the possibility of not running in 2013

#12 Penske - Been discussed Penske could expand to 3 cars with Sam Hornish Jr and his sponsors moving up to Sprint Cup

#14 SHR - Office Depot has not renewed their 22 race commitment for 2013 but hopes to continue in a lesser role (associate sponsor?).

More to follow on Nationwide.  Please add any rumors/announcements you have seen.

Views: 6137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Another silly season question really for 2014 and beyond...  Could Dodge return by hooking up with RCR?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/Could-Richard-Childress-Racin...

Hope so!

Landon Cassill has left BK Racing. Looks like David Reuttiman will be in the 83 instead.

Landon says they didn't fulfill terms of the 2012 deal and they couldn't come to agreement for 2013.  Seems a bit crazy that you would be discussing 2013 if you hadn't had the terms of your 2012 deal met?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/Cassill-leaves-BK-Racing-Spri...

It was announced today that Tommy Baldwin Racing will switch numbers from the 36 to the 7 for 2013.  This is in honor of Tommy Baldwin's father who raced modifieds in NY.  Guess Robby Gordon is officially out of NASCAR for 2013.

Remember a year or so ago when there was speculation about what number Danica would use for Cup and about her being able to get the 7? There were stories about Robby Gordon saying he would never give it up...  he was probably angling for some payment to do so at the time.

I think it is better she got the 10 as there is that great background story of Tony and Ryan using their karting numbers and now Danica would use hers....  along with a comment that there were pictures of all three of them with their karts with those numbers up on the wall at the shop.

Becky said:

It was announced today that Tommy Baldwin Racing will switch numbers from the 36 to the 7 for 2013.  This is in honor of Tommy Baldwin's father who raced modifieds in NY.  Guess Robby Gordon is officially out of NASCAR for 2013.

Besides, Danica has  been quoted as saying she preferred to have the 10  because it was the number she had a very good and long history with in karting.

There is no doubt in my mind that Robby Gordon was looking for a major payday last year to give up the 7.  I loved the fact that Danica & SHR just decided to move on and pick a new #.  I like the story behind the 10 and don't think there was any reason (outside of marketing) to re-visit numbers after 2012 so I'm happy and not surprised they are sticking with the #10. :)



PhilipJames said:

Remember a year or so ago when there was speculation about what number Danica would use for Cup and about her being able to get the 7? There were stories about Robby Gordon saying he would never give it up...  he was probably angling for some payment to do so at the time.

I think it is better she got the 10 as there is that great background story of Tony and Ryan using their karting numbers and now Danica would use hers....  along with a comment that there were pictures of all three of them with their karts with those numbers up on the wall at the shop.

Becky said:

It was announced today that Tommy Baldwin Racing will switch numbers from the 36 to the 7 for 2013.  This is in honor of Tommy Baldwin's father who raced modifieds in NY.  Guess Robby Gordon is officially out of NASCAR for 2013.

Couple of small Nationwide notes...

Steve Wallace is returning to Nationwide driving for his dad Rusty...first race will be Charlotte and they are hoping to run 10-15 races this year.

Jimmie Johnson will be driving the Great Clips Camaro for JR Motorsports in the Spring Phoenix Nationwide race.

Obvious to see why Great Clips moved to JR Motorsports from Turner...they will now have Dale Jr., Jimmie Johnson, and Kasey Kahne plus Brad Sweet driving their car in Nationwide this year.  JR Motorsports gets an extra sponsored race out of this by adding the race for Jimmie so they now only have to fill 4 races in the 5 car.  I'd bet you see those races go to other Cup drivers rather than Cole Whitt...they seem to be stringing Cole along with talk about wanting him in the car.   

Since (I believe) RaceBuddy is available only for Nationwide, I’m planning to sign up for RaceView Premium, but I’m a little confused.  It offers “virtual racing actions” and “3D virtual renderings of every car and track.”  Where I come from, “virtual” means some sort of digital rendering, not live video.  Surely that can’t be true.  What am I misunderstanding?

You initial interpretation is correct.  Raveview does not offer live video.  It gives the option of what watching a 3D rendering of the track.  

I actually never really used that option myself.  What did I use every Cup race and enjoy is the dashboard, which provides a wealth of information.

1. There is an overhead layout of the track with icons for every car on the track.  So you can see instantly see where every car is on the track, and there enough detail that you can tell if a pass is being made on the inside or the outside.  You can completely customize which cars show on the overhead layout if 43 cars is to cluttered.  And the scanner inside the dashboard is in sync with the overhead layout so the in-car audio matches what you are seeing.

2. The dashboard will display the telemetry for the driver of your choice so you can see when they are on the gas and on the brake.  Another section will show you in real time how many seconds between the selected driver in the car ahead and behind.

3. There is a sortable leader board that you can sort by a number of different categories with being able to sort by last lap speed being especially helpful to identify the fastest cars on the track at any given time.   

I can understand being disappointed with not having live video.  Hopefully the TNT and ESPN portion of the schedule will have Racebuddy again as well as Nationwide.  Still I would advise any Danica fan to still purchase Raceview even they are going to be near a computer during most of her Cup races.  It provides a really great picture of what is going on in a race.  You almost don't even need video.  Often I'm so engrossed in Raceview looking at the information and listening to the in-car audio that the TV broadcast just gets paused until there is a caution.  You'll have such a better understanding of what Danica is doing in the race.

     

Thanks, Scott.  I really appreciate the effort you went to and the thoroughness of your reply.

Scott said:

You initial interpretation is correct.  Raveview does not offer live video.  It gives the option of what watching a 3D rendering of the track.  

I actually never really used that option myself.  What did I use every Cup race and enjoy is the dashboard, which provides a wealth of information.

1. There is an overhead layout of the track with icons for every car on the track.  So you can see instantly see where every car is on the track, and there enough detail that you can tell if a pass is being made on the inside or the outside.  You can completely customize which cars show on the overhead layout if 43 cars is to cluttered.  And the scanner inside the dashboard is in sync with the overhead layout so the in-car audio matches what you are seeing.

2. The dashboard will display the telemetry for the driver of your choice so you can see when they are on the gas and on the brake.  Another section will show you in real time how many seconds between the selected driver in the car ahead and behind.

3. There is a sortable leader board that you can sort by a number of different categories with being able to sort by last lap speed being especially helpful to identify the fastest cars on the track at any given time.   

I can understand being disappointed with not having live video.  Hopefully the TNT and ESPN portion of the schedule will have Racebuddy again as well as Nationwide.  Still I would advise any Danica fan to still purchase Raceview even they are going to be near a computer during most of her Cup races.  It provides a really great picture of what is going on in a race.  You almost don't even need video.  Often I'm so engrossed in Raceview looking at the information and listening to the in-car audio that the TV broadcast just gets paused until there is a caution.  You'll have such a better understanding of what Danica is doing in the race.

     

I'm hoping the reliability of RaceView is improved with NASCAR taking it back in house.  It seemed like the races I used it for it would lock up at some point during the race (my disclaimer is I was using a MAC).  But I'm giving it a shot again in 2013 hoping for the best. :)

I was disappointed they didn't use at least the on-line leaderboard during the recent tests to see how it was going to work this year. Hopefully, we don't spend SpeedWeeks working through technical glitches with these products. :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Featured Items



Action Racing Collectibles Danica Patrick 201...

Danica Patrick and the No. 10 GoDaddy.com Chevrolet SS will run a full- time schedule in t [More]

Price: $64.95


Chase Authentics Danica Patrick 2013 Driver S...

Nothing makes the days go by faster than the anticipation for some fast-paced NASCAR actio [More]

Price: $24.95

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos
  • View All

Blog Posts

"Ashes to ashes, Dust to dust."

Posted by Stickerbush on November 16, 2014 at 2:10pm

The Immunizing Spirit of Two Racers

Posted by Stickerbush on November 8, 2014 at 10:30am — 4 Comments

VOTE FOR DANICA

Posted by gary witzeman on November 4, 2014 at 5:31am — 1 Comment

Forum

Yellow Journalism 1 Reply

Started by Jim Huntington in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by Stickerbush on Wednesday.

2015 - Silly Season 58 Replies

Started by Becky in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by Damon on Tuesday.

Why Danica will win a Cup race in 2015 8 Replies

Started by Damon in Danica - News Articles. Last reply by David Williams on Tuesday.

2014 - Chase for the Sprint Cup Championship 26 Replies

Started by Becky in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by Becky Nov 21.

Brant James 2014 Danica chronicles 20 Replies

Started by Damon in Danica - News Articles. Last reply by Stickerbush Nov 20.

Birthdays

© 2014   Created by Reggie.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service