Go Danica

The Official Danica Patrick Fan Site

A lot of rumors and announcements are starting for 2013...  Thought it would be beneficial to have a single post to discuss.

Start with the following:

Sprint Cup:

#20 JGR - Expectation is Matt Kenseth will be driving this car in 2013 with Home Depot as the sponsorship.  It is rumored to be announced this next week.

#22 Penske (Shell/Pennzoil) - Top rumored candidates are Joey Logano and Sam Hornish Jr.  Penske claims there may be a couple of candidates no one has discussed. 

#39 SHR - Ryan Newman is expected to return but ARMY won't be back and they are hunting for additional sponsorship.  Newman has also been discussed as a possibility for the #22 Penske ride.

#51 James Finch - Kurt Busch may return if sponsorship can be found...reports also indicate Brian Scott may be trying to get this ride with his family's $$...Finch also has floated the possibility of not running in 2013

#12 Penske - Been discussed Penske could expand to 3 cars with Sam Hornish Jr and his sponsors moving up to Sprint Cup

#14 SHR - Office Depot has not renewed their 22 race commitment for 2013 but hopes to continue in a lesser role (associate sponsor?).

More to follow on Nationwide.  Please add any rumors/announcements you have seen.

Views: 6137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Steve Turner was on with Claire B Lang this evening...  He was very excited to have Danica join TSM for Daytona and hopes to have her race more for them this year.  He said the 34 will run the full season with 3-4 drivers (Buescher, Newman both possible) but Danica will be their first choice.  He said they are doing everything they can to get Danica in for more races.

Danica said in her media today that original preference was 10 races but that doesn't look as likely...it may be closer to 5.

I'm sure it is all about finding a partner for those races that fits with Danica & GoDaddy.

Damon said:

It's official, Danica will be running the Daytona Nationwide race with Turner Scott Motorsports driving the 34 car.

No other races were mentioned.

The one thing I didn't see in the press release was if she had to qualify on time for the Nationwide race?

I would assume she will need to qualify on time (I think only 3 of the 4 Turner cars attempted all the NNS races in 2012)...  I would think they'll use their points for their 3 full-time entries.

Here is the audio of Steve Turner on Claire B Lang...

https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmsports/steve-turner-turner-scott

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Featured Items

Action Racing Collectibles Danica Patrick 201...

Danica Patrick and the No. 10 GoDaddy.com Chevrolet SS will run a full- time schedule in t [More]

Price: $64.95

Chase Authentics Danica Patrick 2013 Driver S...

Nothing makes the days go by faster than the anticipation for some fast-paced NASCAR actio [More]

Price: $24.95

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Blog Posts

"Ashes to ashes, Dust to dust."

Posted by Stickerbush on November 16, 2014 at 2:10pm

The Immunizing Spirit of Two Racers

Posted by Stickerbush on November 8, 2014 at 10:30am — 4 Comments

VOTE FOR DANICA

Posted by gary witzeman on November 4, 2014 at 5:31am — 1 Comment

Forum

Yellow Journalism 1 Reply

Started by Jim Huntington in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by Stickerbush on Wednesday.

2015 - Silly Season 58 Replies

Started by Becky in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by Damon on Tuesday.

Why Danica will win a Cup race in 2015 8 Replies

Started by Damon in Danica - News Articles. Last reply by David Williams on Tuesday.

2014 - Chase for the Sprint Cup Championship 26 Replies

Started by Becky in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by Becky Nov 21.

Brant James 2014 Danica chronicles 20 Replies

Started by Damon in Danica - News Articles. Last reply by Stickerbush Nov 20.

© 2014   Created by Reggie.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service