Go Danica

The Official Danica Patrick Fan Site

After Danica won the All-Star fan vote, she was asked by a media member "Why do so many people support you?" She said she didn't know and maybe someone should ask some of her fans. So I asked myself that question: Why am I a Danica fan today?

Is it because of her grit and determination?

No. Most Sprint Cup drivers have an abundance of grit & determination. If they didn't, they would have never made it to that level.

Is it because she is a woman in a male dominated sport?

Partially.

Is it because she is a great driver?

Given the fact that after racing open wheel formula style cars at various levels for 12 years Danica has amassed a grand total of 1 win, I came to the conclusion that she is not a great driver. However, I then realized that the fact that she is not a great driver is one of the two main reasons that I am a fan of her today.

The other reason is that Danica is a diminutive young woman competing against the best stock car drivers in the world. Because of those two factors, I view her as the ultimate underdog. I've always found it more fun & rewarding to root for the underdog and that's why I am a Danica fan today.

In the interest of full disclosure, I also like her because she has exquisite cheek bones. I bet when God created Danica's cheek bones he stepped back and said to himself "Damn, I'm good!"

So I ask each of you: Why are you a Danica fan today?

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For as long as I can remember hearing the name Danica Patrick, I have been a fan. I always loved her because she was 1) a female in a male dominated sport, and 2) she was always a decent driver.

Recently though, I, a 19 year old female, started racing cars. I am currently driving/racing a completely race-modified Lexus IS300. From the first moment my wheels hit the track, the name Danica Patrick meant more to me than it ever had before. She is an inspiration to me. There is so much more to her than the simple fact that she is a female driver. I can now relate to her and understand some of the challenges of racing cars, and I know what it is like to be a female who is constantly watched and, let's face it, patronized by the older, "more experienced" males in the sport.

I could watch Danica race all day long. Watching her fight her way to third place at Kansas Speedway on May 10th was such an incredibly exciting thing for me to have the chance to witness. The fight and passion and courage that that girl has is what I find to be the absolute most important thing about her. She never stops fighting. She never gives up. She always strives to be better despite anything anyone else says. Everything about Danica Patrick fuels my fire to become a better race car driver.

This is why I am a Danica fan today.

Thanks for sharing that.

Alexa Wray said:

For as long as I can remember hearing the name Danica Patrick, I have been a fan. I always loved her because she was 1) a female in a male dominated sport, and 2) she was always a decent driver.

Recently though, I, a 19 year old female, started racing cars. I am currently driving/racing a completely race-modified Lexus IS300. From the first moment my wheels hit the track, the name Danica Patrick meant more to me than it ever had before. She is an inspiration to me. There is so much more to her than the simple fact that she is a female driver. I can now relate to her and understand some of the challenges of racing cars, and I know what it is like to be a female who is constantly watched and, let's face it, patronized by the older, "more experienced" males in the sport.

I could watch Danica race all day long. Watching her fight her way to third place at Kansas Speedway on May 10th was such an incredibly exciting thing for me to have the chance to witness. The fight and passion and courage that that girl has is what I find to be the absolute most important thing about her. She never stops fighting. She never gives up. She always strives to be better despite anything anyone else says. Everything about Danica Patrick fuels my fire to become a better race car driver.

This is why I am a Danica fan today.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Featured Items

Action Racing Collectibles Danica Patrick 201...

Danica Patrick and the No. 10 GoDaddy.com Chevrolet SS will run a full- time schedule in t [More]

Price: $64.95

Chase Authentics Danica Patrick 2013 Driver S...

Nothing makes the days go by faster than the anticipation for some fast-paced NASCAR actio [More]

Price: $24.95

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Blog Posts

phoenix

Posted by perry morales on March 8, 2014 at 12:00pm

Gilles Pepin

Posted by Gilles Pepin on February 26, 2014 at 2:42pm — 1 Comment

Danica as a Vegas Showgirl !!

Posted by Tony Powell on December 11, 2013 at 1:24am — 1 Comment

Forum

Pocono - Summer 2014 11 Replies

Started by DanicaFans in Danica - Race Discussion 2014. Last reply by Becky 22 minutes ago.

Danica #7 in Nascar highest paid drivers 2 Replies

Started by dodge man in NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last reply by dodge man yesterday.

New Godaddy commercial preview

Started by dodge man in NASCAR Sprint Cup on Wednesday.

Indianapolis - 2014 25 Replies

Started by DanicaFans in Danica - Race Discussion 2014. Last reply by Todd Miller on Wednesday.

Brant James 2014 Danica chronicles 16 Replies

Started by Damon in Danica - News Articles. Last reply by Damon on Tuesday.

© 2014   Created by Reggie.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service